I feel like it’s far too easy to get lost within your own relationship and love that you forget what you actually have to have for yourself in the connection between the two of you for your own self to survive. People I know, people I don’t know, and (of course) lil’ old me has done this. To avoid doing this to myself again in the near or distant future, I’m going to make a public little list riiiiiiiight here of my needs and desires in a relationship/romantic partner so I don’t have an excuse to forget and anyone/everyone can call me out on my next love-thing if it doesn’t have one of these things:
- First and foremost, real and honest love (mutual respect and unending trust).
- The two of us working as a team to move FORWARD with not only the development of our selves, but our goals.
- Adventures/experiences: whether it be together or apart, we must encourage having fun, being social, seeing the world around us, etc.
- Communication. I don’t need to talk to you all day every day whatsoever, nor do I need to know that you’re thinking of me always (because that can’t be healthy, anyway); I just need to know that if you need help with anything, or if something’s bothering you about us, that you can come to me about it and not be afraid/know that I’ll respect you in the same regard and we can push towards bettering ourselves and/or our relationship.
- Fun. Let’s just enjoy life. Let’s fucking laugh and dance and be idiots. If we stop having fun together, we shouldn’t be a unit.